INGREDIENTS: SERVE 4 PEOPLE
1. 2 cups of steamed rice (cold)
2. ½ carrot chopped in small cube
3. ½ onion chopped in small cube
4. 200g shrimps and pork chopped cube
5. 50g green bean chopped in small cube
6. 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
7. 1 teaspoon of sugar
8. 4 shallots crushed and chopped
9. 1 teaspoon of chili paste
10. 1 teaspoon of spring onion chopped
11. 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
12. 2 cloves of garlic crushed
13. 2 egg yolks
14. 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
15. 2 tablespoons of water
16. 400ml of boiling water (for blanch)
17. Pinch of salt
Marinate shrimps & pork with stock powder, sugar, shallots for minimum 30 minutes.
Blanch the carrot and green bea in boiling water for 30 seconds and drain the water. Put carrots and beans into cold water to keep nice color.
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to medium hot, add garlic stir for 10 seconds, add cold steamed rice and use the back of spoon separate the rice. Add pinch of salt and egg yolk, then stir for 20 seconds, simmer on low heat.
Place other fry pan, add 1 tablespoon oil to medium hot. Add shrimps & pork then stir for 1 minute. Add onion, 2 tablespoons water, carrot, green bean, chilli paste, fish sauce, cook for 1 minute. then mix together with fry rice.