INGREDIENTS: SERVE 4 PEOPLE
1) 200g fish (whole fillet or steak)
2) 4 Banana leaves or cabbage leaves
3) 2 stems of lemongrass finely sliced
4) 4 cloves of garlic crushed
5) 1 tablepoon of grated fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
6) 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
7) 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
8) 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
9) 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
10) 1 teaspoon of sugar
11) 1 teaspoon of chilli paste
12) 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
13) 1 tablespoon of onion flakes
14) 50g of spring onion finely chopped
STEP 1: To make the marinated paste
Mix lemon grass and garlic then put in blender. Then mix with turmeric bowl. Add spring onion, oyster sauce, fish sauce, soya sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chilli paste and vegetable oil. Mix well and add fish into the sauce marinate fish for a minimum of 30 minutes.
STEP 2: TO MAKE BANANA LEAF DON’T BREAK
Soften banana leaf over open flame or boil cabbage 1 minute in boiling water.
Place four banana leaves on top of each. Add marinated fish in the middle and sprinkle onion flakes on top. Take four layers fold both sides in and wrap it up like a parcel. Tie it with clip grill or wet string.
BBQ or grilled the parcel in 5 minutes each sides or place in thin foil, bake in over 180oC in 10 minutes.